Wednesday 16 June 2010

Parcel

A wonderful parcel arrived yesterday. It was very well wrapped and we were puzzled. It looked like a plant but just for once I hadn't ordered anything. I asked the postman if he was sure it was ours. He found the name. It was for my husband. It took us ages to un pack. It had been very well trussed. Finally before us stood a mature lemon tree complete with lemons. We were still puzzled. It was a very handsome present but my husband scratched his head whilst I found a large pot for it and put it in the porch. Eventually amongst the discarded packing we found it was from two very old friends to mark Davids retirement as churchwarden. I was delighted. It's beautiful thing. David hasn't said anything but I know he'd have preferred the gin!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: