Thursday 23 September 2010

Brave new world?

Busy day ending with a long governors meeting. We have a very small primary school which has been under threat of closure for years. After a long period of having acting heads we finally appointed one of our own last year and she is doing extremely well.
But the meetings are tedious sometimes not through anyones fault but because of all the rules and regs that have to be worked through. Everyone has their say and it takes hours!
Tonight the new head used a smart white board to give us all the data.. It was like a giant iPad. Amazingly easy to use and interactive. I am repeating now the old mantra. "If only I'd had that when I started in teaching."
Or. Even worse. " They don't know they are born."
So much that is new.. children should gallop ahead. But sometimes don't because as well as the techno revolution they also have drugs, Aids and the rest of the cycle of unrest and despair .. I hope it will all end in a brave new world. In fact I pray for it.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: