Monday 13 September 2010

Clergy lunches

About once every three months or so we have lunch together. It's is mostly the C of E but today we had a congregational and a Methodist as well. Last time I was the only one in a dog collar but this time I was the only one without.. However as it was at my local every one there knows me anyway. Behind the bar was a young woman whom I'd married a couple of months earlier and whose baby I'd christened at the end of the service. There were screams, hugs , kisses and news was exchanged whilst my colleagues looked on in amazement..
We covered all the usual ground. How to get more people into church. How to really extend pastoral help to those who need it without lumbering them with the visitor from hell. Future events were sign posted and one or two old scores revisited.. A good time was enjoyed by all and I came home extremely grateful that I had no more meetings today whilst the incumbent of this parish had three more!
Sometimes it's worth only being an assistant priest.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: