Monday 20 September 2010

Banking and all that jazz


We are going away at the weekend so I am trying to get all my ducks in a row. First I paid my road tax which expires whilst we are away. They wouldn't take the new Visa debit so I had to use a credit card. Then I realised that this bill would arrive when I was out of the country. I rang the bank full of misgivings. On this occasion they lived up to their ad. They let me pay it off over the phone and also made a note that the person spending my money in Majorca was me. Helpful banking. So far.
Much greater test in the morning. I have to find the Spanish Bank which has taken over my old building society and persuade them to give me access to my dormant account. I shall be armed with driving license and passport. I've even got my wedding license out since I've changed my name since they last saw me. This could take a while!
Then like an idiot I attached my iPhone to my computer to put a new audio book on it. Big mistake. Took hours to update it. It had been lying in wait to pounce on the unwary. It's been a long day so far. Further complicated by my attempts to syncronise everything





No comments: