Saturday 2 October 2010

Dolce Vita and protestant guilt.

I've had two swims, a great lunch of paella and have been sitting in glorious sun shine. It is possible to get used to the dolce vita. I am just about there. Tonight we will have a wonderful meal with a bottle of rose and then sit outside on the terrace with Tunel in a brandy glass with ice.
This drink made locally is like Pernod in that it is based on fennel and is very good indeed. And green.
We weave our way back to our apartment and fall asleep trying to watch the news....and I'm getting used to it. Protestant guilt hits me occasionally when I remember those in Pakistan and even Britain for whom life is hard and I do feel bad....and then I thank God for his goodness. And this thanks is heart felt. I know how lucky I am to have all this. And the best bit of all is that we have another two weeks of it. Then back to work and I do work hard when I'm at home.
E mails arrive every day to tell me something I need to follow up on our return. And I realize that the new church year starting in Advent will not be all that far away. And then Christmas. So remembering all that I will try not to be too guilty or smug and just accept it with very greatful thanks...amen.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Charlie said...

Haha, you should feel guilty, posting about your lovely holiday while the rest of us are back here labouring in the vineyard. Serve you right ;)