Sunday 28 November 2010

Postscript to the Baptism

We were a jolly group in the church last night...it was very cold outside so everyone was well wrapped up. The baby was handed to me before we started by a very anxious mother who needed to know that I could hold him, he was so heavy. Apparently he'd been ten and a half pounds at birth and was now so enormous they had stopped weighing him!
He was very heavy indeed so I arranged that the church warden would hold him  close to the font whilst I did the water bit. He was as good as gold despite all their warnings that he had enormous voice to go with the body!  Before we started I asked for his full name. His middle name was Cameron.
" After the Prime Minister?"I asked.
Oh yes, he was born on the same day in the same hospital as the Cameron baby."
Its a rather nice name actually and its certainly better than Endyllion

No comments: