Saturday 20 November 2010

Small world

This social media lark makes some surprising connections. Today for instance someone on Twitter noticed a Geographical reference that I'd made and knew it was a place she knew well. She asked me a couple of questions and we found we had one good friend of mine and her cousin in common. This from someone I'd never met.
On another level the blog is now read by people the world over, not in huge numbers I hasten to add but enough.
Today on FaceBook I saw the news that a baby I'd christened this year had been quite poorly and was able to chat to the worried parents. We are advertising the All Age service tomorrow by the same medium.
Someone I play backgammon with is bringing his wife over next year for a renewal of their wedding vows. I play scrabble with a lady I knew 20 years ago and had almost lost touch with. It's a small world and getting smaller. The power of communication is immense now and I am very glad to have been born and lived in an age where all this has been made possible.
Unashamed as a user of Facebook and Twitter..long may it continue.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: