Tuesday 2 November 2010

Thanks for all the comments

Well. I came into  the blog by a different route today and found all these comments waiting for me which I had never seen before.   Many of them before or whilst I was on holiday...thank you all so much...you all know who you are and I really appreciate them all   even Charlie who hoped it was going to rain all the time I was away!
I have had a day on the phone today trying to sort out all the complicated arrangements needed for the weekends  events. Just trying to find organists is difficult just now with our most experienced one enjoying a new relationship and not wanting to get up on a Sunday morning and the other one trying hard not to let us overwork him.
It took around ten phone calls to nobble two different organist, one for a funeral and one for a christening as well as the usual Sunday service. Managed  it in the end with only one small complication. The parents want to sing "Shine Jesus Shine" at the christening but the organist is rather a traditionalist to I need to tread with great care here.
Then I had to sort out the diary for the rest of the week....getting my flu jabs to fit in with everything else was almost as complicated.
Its either feast or famine in this job.....fallow periods of quiet are interspersed with massive activity but there is never any danger of getting bored...thank you God

No comments: