Wednesday 5 January 2011

Sail away.


Apologies to anyone. Trying to find yesterday's blog. There wasn't one. Just too much to do'
This morning we were up very early and had a good drive to Southampton where we joined a massive queue. We stood and waited for a very long time but chatted to others in the same boat literally.
We are now on board the Queen
Victoria and are due to embark shortly for New York. We've unpacked , had our first meal , resisted the champagne so far and are now waiting to have the health and safety drill to make sure we all know what to do with our life jackets!
After that we embark. There is a sail away party but I can't believe anyone is going to go to it. It's dark and raining hard.
Further updates as and when. Cheers.
We have now had the safety drill and and been told that we are moving I'm convoy. Us first. Then Queen Elizabeth. Then Arcadia! Hope there are no u boats.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

Doorkeeper said...

Bon voyage, but stop resisting the champagne.

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous. Big Al and I did a trans-Atlantic voyage on the QEII in 1982 (and I sailed both ways, east on the Queen Mary, west on the Queen Elizabeth in 1961). I think it's time for me to do it again on the Queen Victoria!

Ray Barnes said...

Enjoy, but beware submarines!

Sue Aston said...

Have a lovely time Jean! Looking forward to the next installment, and enjoy a glass or two of bubbly! Sue :)