Monday 24 January 2011

Ships etiquette

Behavior on board ship is very interesting. Most are very polite...possibly too polite at times.
"You go first."
"No you please"
"I insist. You were before me "
This sort of exchange is very common and I don't join in. I just go first.
Some have become territorial. One group of four like the same table at breakfast every morning. Yesterday they failed and sat fairly close to the object of their desire. They shot daggers at the usurpers and were obviously discontented. This morning they marched in, saw it was empty and walked very fast to get there before anyone else. The relief...almost triumph when they achieved their goal was very apparent.
Ship board etiquette rules!
I am now feeling much better though still not eating much at all. This bug has affected us all in one way or another. The first Catholic priest on board left the boat in Florida. The second one is now also sick and will soon leave. My Catholic friend told me last night that I might be drafted in to give them mass.
" I'll be your altar boy, " she said.
I'd like to see their faces!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Ray Barnes said...

So would I Jean, get someone to take a photo!
Glad you are feeling better (though perhaps not quite up to taking mass)