Sunday 16 January 2011

Sunday? Really?

We slept very soundly last night and woke up late. We have been going to breakfast around 8 am and it was almost 9 this morning so clearly we are completely relaxed!
The fact that it's Sunday has only just caught up with us. Our daily rhythms of life have changed so radically that there's nothing to identify the days of the week.
Now of course there is the usual holiday dilemma. There is no Anglican/Episcoplian presence on board. The Romans had their mass on Saturday evening and the resident priest is sick and one from Miami had to be drafted in.
It was in response to a massive need that I got drafted in last year. But then I was asked. I didn't volunteer so I'm not sure that I'm going to this year. It's alright for me. I do my daily prayer every morning. I will wait and see what happens.
Cunard does I think not quite understand that for the people traveling for months the lack of any Pastor is for them a serious problem. They have only one priest, no rabbi, no Imam.
There is no chapel either. Somewhere quiet could be used for all faiths.
I may get round to suggesting it.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: