Saturday 12 February 2011

Absent friends

Could just be the first day of Spring. It has been glorious today. The sun was warm and that brought many of the flowers out. Cornwall is wonderful during it's seasons and Spring often comes earlier than most places.
We are both feeling much better now and we've heard that people we met on the cruise are also home and well.
Several people we got to know well are still on board the Queen Mary. From Cape Town they were going round the corner to Durban and then straight across to Sydney. They will be still at sea and I hope they are also much better than they were.
I am not sure what could actually be done but I can't help feeling that the air conditioning could include a germicide. Everyone on the boat was coughing. It did not spoil a wonderful trip but we could all have done without the bugs.
Back to work tomorrow. I am easing in gently just doing an Evensong.
I shall enjoy it. I hope my voice will be strong enough to carry the canticles on my own as is now usual!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: