Sunday 27 February 2011

Bad Saturday. Worse Sunday

The last two days have not been good. I hope not to have any more weekends like this for some time.
After all the problems with the printer yesterday I finally got the service sheets and the sermon printed. So then I relaxed. This was a mistake. There was more to come. Last night I got a phone call from the lady who was doing one of our services today. Her daughter was very ill and not expected to live. Having lost my own daughter of course I said I'd do the service and we wept together as I promised to pray.
That meant I had three services, the first one at eight am. Three back to back is always very hard but in an emergency I could still do it I thought.
I was up early and went out to start the first service. My car wouldn't start. The battery looked flat but then the alarm started wailing. I tried again. Nothing, so I ran indoors to get my husband who took me to church in his car and his dressing gown.
All went well with the BCP communion and I got a lift home..
Then I was driven to the next one where I told them I was their default preacher. They got half the sermon I'd written for the next service.
My lovely husband then got me moving and onto the next service which was back to St Just again.
I nobbled various people to read poems and settled down. The organist who had been quarter of an hour late last week didn't turn up at all this week. We sang the hymns unaccompanied.
My husband took me out for lunch and then I came home and slept. No more please Lord. No more. Enough is definitely enough.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Ray Barnes said...

Poor Jean. I thought my day was bad! Thank God for your "lovely husband". At least you did what was required of you.
Every Blessing.
Ray.

Anonymous said...

Good heavens - what a day! I hope there's not another one like this too soon! Every Blessing.