Thursday 9 February 2012

Back to the womb.

We like Honolulu alot! We had no tour booked and discovered that without the safety blanket of Cunard taking charge we enjoyed doing our own thing, mostly because the dock is near the town and easily reached .we took a taxi to the beach and I paddled! The need to paddle wherever there is water can be traced back to Blackpool holidays which were very bracing. That is code for, too cold to actually go swimming! We walked back some of the way, stopping at the International market where we enjoyed a smoothy called " monkey delight! " We tried hard not to notice the high end shops , a description used by some delightful Americans we met in Waikiki. I did some essential shopping. Ahem! Then a taxi turned up and we re entered the floating womb that has become our home. We were told that the north end of the island was today enjoying 15 feet waves. We know where they came from! We are now sitting by one of the pools, David is asleep and I am planning similar. It's a good life if you don't weaken! - Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Babs said...

I also have the urge to paddle everywhere and anywhere, its an essential, it has to be done. Ron cannot understand the need to get my feet wet, but like you I think it must come from childhood. Nice to know I am not the only daft one around