Wednesday 22 February 2012

Rain

It has been pouring down all day. We were supposed to be doing the botanical gardens but only two on the tour wanted to go. So we are waiting for the bus to take us to the beach! In the meanwhile the driver is setting up as a stand up comedian to keep us amused. Reminds me of last summer when I was in the middle of a wedding and the father of the bride stepped forward to ask for a small intermission. I'd already done the declarations and was just about to start the marriage proper so I was a bit alarmed. What had happened ? The bride had forgotten her flowers. Her brother had been sent back for them. It would only take 15 minutes said her father. It was then that I started my second career as a stand up' I think our driver is doing better than me. He was taking about counting sheep. He just counts the legs and divides by four. For congregations I would divide by two! Mostly


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: