Sunday 18 March 2012

Mothering.

This mornings mothering Sunday services were a collaboration with a reader in training! We had chosen readings both prose and Biblical as well as some poems and we did a double act!
It's been a difficult service for me since the death of my daughter and the great danger is to allow the self indulgence of emotion.
For the most part I managed it...
I also told the men in the congregation that women had the best part in this drama because to hold a baby in the womb for nine months is a holy and wonderful experience.
As part of my double act I chose a poem by Judith Wright , an Australian lady with several children who obviously agreed with the previous sentence. Her description of carrying the child is wonderful. Here is the last verse.
'"I wither and you break from me
Yet though you dance in living light
I am the earth, I am the root
I am the stem that fed the fruit
The link that joins you to the night.". Wonderful imagery.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: