Wednesday 18 April 2012

Ebooks , thank goodness

So many good things are happening in my life that when a small troublesome thing happens its easy to cope with because overall the picture is wonderful. This morning I was notified that the book I wrote on the cruise was not only doing well but had been upgraded to Premier Status. Not having any knowledge at all in these matters I really have no idea what this means...I know that it's being downloaded and read and apart from at the beginning has had no advertising at all, so I am pleased .
I have also been told that other frustrated writers have read what I did and have taken the same route! The whole ethos of book publishing seems set for an enormous shift...bad news for those already established possibly but good news for the rest of us.
Apparently many books are free so people are downloading them to their iPads and kindles in great number.
I imagine that possibly not all of them are read all the through ..I have several on my kindle gathering dust as we speak but I also have book shelves with the same problem.
Thank goodness for ebooks. Three cheers! Hip hip!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Keira said...

Nice work, I am really glad to be 1 of several visitants on this awful site : D

Revjeanrolt said...

Erm thank you Keira. Not sure which site is awful but glad your enjoying your visiting!