Thursday 14 June 2012

Anniversary

Today is the anniversary of the best day of my life! Since then there have been other best days but at the time it really was amazing.
I had had a long weary pregnancy, spending most of my time from the fifth month onward in hospital.
In the eight and ninth month I wasn't even allowed to read! I was very bored and just wanted it over with.
I had two false starts of labour and each time the nurses looked at my happy face and told me kindly that I really wouldn't look like that if labour had started!
In the event the pains arrived early in the morning. I had a night nurse for whom it was her first solo case. We struggled through it together. It didn't last long...before the day staff arrived I was a mother.
I was one of the lucky ones....I looked at my beautiful new baby with joy and felt supremely happy! It was the dawning of a new day and life would never be the same again.
I know it's not like that for many and I am sorry for anyone who missed out on the wonderful feeling , the euphoria and the exuberant gathering of resources to get me through the rest of my time in hospital till I could get home and start to be a real mother at last!
God has always been there for me ...at every stage of my life. I gave thanks then and still do!
And Bill Vanstone was the Godfather! Cherry on the cake!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: