Thursday 26 July 2012

Sun tops from Hawaii.

I am not sure how long this wonderful weather will last but the need to celebrate it is strong this morning. This means that for the first time for a very long time I am determined to get some sun....so I looked for my sun tops. They were buried in the bottom drawer of a seldom used chest....and this morning it was like opening an Aladdin's cave of memories....
I last time I  wore the top I am wearing now was  in Samoa.
The very skimpy little pale pink top I bought in the market in Hawaii . The garish blue and green one came from Rio and the linen jacket from Sri Lanka....
Down memory lane on a Thursday morning I met some very old friends and some ones not yet tried out  in real heat....
Here in Cornwall we used to have glorious hot summers but they have been fleeting reminders in recent years...most of my hot weather gear was bought in exotic places and this has made me realise this morning just what a very lucky woman I am....
Over the last four years we have had some amazing trips. We have visited many parts of the world I never thought I'd see....
Each time we return home I wonder if we will be able to do it again..but even if we don't then the memories as well as the souvenirs will always be there to be grateful for....
And for now...this weather is hot enough to bring back all the reminders and top up a now very faded tan....   I hope it continues.....the farmers are baling the hay....it seems to suit them as well and I have a whole array of very unsuitable clerical wear to take me through the Olympics....  Aloha!

1 comment:

Ray Barnes said...

Enjoy and celebrate it while you can Jean. (You may have my share too if you like)
While I do relish the chance to wear pretty light-weight clothes, the hot weather which comes with them is not to my taste.
I have a totally inappropriate taste for gypsy skirts, and have around a dozen in many colours.
Sometimes it's rather nice to be 35 again.