Tuesday 20 November 2012

A Celtic blessing.

Not wishing to be a perpetual moaner I have tackled some long needed jobs.
Things I always do on line I am now using the phone for.
So I went ahead this morning and ordered the Christmas cards. It felt like a step in the right direction.
And then I found this. It's on fairly battered paper and I've no idea where it came from. But I take it that I was meant to find it this morning and I pass it on to all the people who read this blog.

Celtic blessing.

May the strength of the wind and the light of the sun
The softness of the rain and the mystery of the moon
Reach you and fill you
May beauty delight you and happiness uplift you
May wonder fulfil you and love surround you
May your step be steady and your arm be strong
May your heart be peaceful and your word be true
May you seek to learn, may you learn to live
May you live to love and may you love always.

Bless all who read it.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Ray Barnes said...

Thanks for this one Jean. I hadn't heard it before but it has similarities to my favourite Gaelic blessing:
May the road rise to greet you
May the wind be always at your back
May the sun shine warm on your face
Until we meet again
May God hold you in the hollow of his hand.