Saturday 19 April 2014

Son rise.

I suppose it's natural that at all the great Christian festivals we remember other times with other people when we shared the peace and the love inherent in our faith.
Last year for instance we were at sea on Easter Day. The Saturday before was spent in New York where I took a taxi to Bloomingdales and shopped. Not the ideal preparation for Easter Day but it's one I'll never forget!
An Easter Day I will also remember was the first anniversary of the first David's death. I didn't get to church at all that day.
Here there is a celebration on one of the beaches, a son rise welcome to the day. I am not going to that but I will take the eight o'clock at St Just.
Last year on our ship I wished I had gone to the Catholic mass but I hadn't wanted to embarrass the very pleasant young priest by holding out my hands!
All our Easters have one common ingredient. Christ has risen... Death has been conquered..
I am not sure I can manage much personal joy this year but I know it's on its way.
Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us, therefor let us keep the feast. Alleluia!
Later
38 people arrived for the eight o clock. The sun was shining both inside and out and everything looked glorious! It was a priveledge to be able to do it!

No comments: