Sunday 3 August 2014

Busy August.

August has it's problems if you live in a wonderful place as I do....but the good events far outweigh the bad.

We all grumble at times...we are only human but mostly it's just wonderful....in the old days when I was still teaching August was the only time we could come to Cornwall for a longer spell.

We often rented a house for a couple of weeks and in order to be sure of getting one it was necessary to book on from one year to the next....

Now it is different...living here is simply amazing...and this month sees the arrival of very many old friends.

The special ingredient though is the number of young people I have married!

"You married us six years ago today! " this is becoming a regular event....young couples with their babies turning up on my doorstep....

I am always glad to see them... Somehow a bond exists once you've married them, christened their babies and seen them through the early teething troubles...

More arrived yesterday...fortunately parking outside my house is easy...one reason for being out of the village...

It is a busy time , catching up with everyone's news, trying not to depress them with my own.

I have the scones and clotted cream at the ready...

Bring it on Lord!

No comments: