Thursday 28 August 2014

Tall ships.

At the bottom of my garden is a tall ship. It's not really of course, there is a road which is hidden by a hedge and a meadow between us but it looks as though that's where it is.....

Falmouth is playing host to the Tall Ships Race this weekend....before they set sail for Greenwich!

We are expecting an influx. On every road there are sign posts advertising car parking for £10.

The restaurants are ready..the hotels are full...it is a wonderful boost right at the end of the season...

The sight of the beautiful ships in full sail is amazing and there will be enough wind this weekend to get it all off to a good start!

Although I have a wonderful view from my sitting room I fully intend to cross the road at some point to walk down the meadow to the waters edge...with any luck the traffic will be slow enough to ensure that I am not mown down...

The ship I can see is tonight lit up like a Christmas tree...it's masts are lit though of course there are no sails up yet...

It's going to be an interesting weekend...the tail end of a tropical storm will be paying us a visit too....I'll try to take pictures...watch this space....I've always wanted to say that.....

 

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

Watching. And at the other end, we're quite near Greenwich so can see them as they arrive.