Tuesday 21 October 2014

Life without a car!

Knowing that this week I wouldn't have my car...I let it be known that if I was needed I couldn't visit but people were welcome to call in!

Crumbs....the phone calls have outdone the visits but there is nothing so far to suggest that I might be a bit cut off!

I live on a main road ,well actually the only road, and as it happens it's more of a lane than a road....

In the summer it is very busy. Now it's fairly quiet so I was planning to venture out for a walk...one of my old ladies lives on the next lane along.....

However events have taken on an unexpected turn. People planning funerals and christenings are arriving...

I have two services after my car comes home but the number of offers of lifts is heart warming...

And because the house is now warm I can entertain people and toddlers with ease...

I seem to be getting my life back....thank you God!

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

Thank you God indeed. Lovely to hear that people respond so happily to the situation and that you're not being left alone, perhaps, you might want a bit of peace at times. But for me, it's not only an impressive sign of recovery, but one of how much your ministry in that place is valued. God be praised.