Saturday 13 December 2014

How to ruin a day

The most obvious way to completely spoil a day is to start trying on old clothes before breakfast !

It being almost time to pack a suitcase I could avoid this moment no longer....

Ancient skirts, slinky tops, velvet jackets, full length frocks....I've trawled my way through clothes from a by gone age...there has been no impulse to buy anything new...the stuff at the back of my wardrobe would cloth several women easily!

The bottom line after this marathon is that I've definitely shrunk....mid calf skirts are now full length. Long skirts are several inches too long...I would trip over as I walked!

It's not just the skirts that are problematic...skimpy tops are now much too skimpy....revealing ancient flesh is no longer advisable....

I can live with my new look at home when clerical robes can cover all very satisfactorly.......but there is now no doubt....I am definitely an old woman...it's just that my hair has yet to catch up....only small touches of grey are appearing....

I am now on count down ..... The Christmas trip away is becoming imminent...as the butterflies in my tummy are bearing testimont too.......Oh dear....this is definitely self imposed....there is no one else to blame....onwards and upwards...

No comments: