Wednesday 17 December 2014

Seating arrangements!

The first day at sea has been different. Not the sort of days we used to have but I suppose that's to be expected.

I am on a dining table with single travellers to begin with and I'd much rather be with couples. The single men are quite clearly after companionship and I'd rather not think what sort!

They waste no time in telling anyone who is in ear shot that they own chateaus, wineries, orchards and everything both exotic and expensive...

One younger woman has already moved tables away from the blokes...she came looking for me to tell me it wasn't me!

Maybe I should have thought this through better.....

As yet I'm not tempted to quit the dining room because at my age I am quite safe from these would be lotharios.

I've walked the deck several times and bumbled my way round the corridors...

I've had my first Long Island iced tea! I've found lots of pleasant people to talk to....tomorrow I'll go to some lectures. David didn't like having the TV on in the state room so I'm exploring that!

It's not the same at all without him , but it's a very big boat...room for everyone in all our glorious diversities...

We are crossing the Atlantic now.The waves are getting up! Ho hum!

 

2 comments:

Babs said...

Did you buy a christmas present for yourself. I did a lovely Italian leather handbag big enough to carry this I am sure Ron would have bought it me anyway. He never ever said no you cant have. Enjoy the new experiences Jean its a whole new ball game for you and me

Revjeanrolt said...

I haven't done yet! But we are not in a shop free zone....lots of lovely ones plus the inevitable tat! We shall see!