Tuesday 20 January 2015

Cornish chill!

It is cold here but with no sign of ice or snow.
Since arriving home we have had some appalling weather. Gales, high winds and driving rain have all kept me unwilling to go out! Getting knocked over whilst trying to walk around the garden tends to keep me indoors these days!
We do have occasional frosts and for most of us this is a good thing...lots of bugs fail to survive a really deep frost...
The moles don't seem to mind though...and we do have something fairly large animals wandering around....
I've never seen any sign of badgers but I'm told they are all around...
I do see deer occasionally in this very cold weather...they seem to be able to jump over the fairly high hedges .
Azaleas, roses, hellebore...they are all in flower in my garden right now and nothing is eating them...some daffodils are evident though not yet open...
In all this cold weather..the garden is still a joy..and if we get a good frost this year it would be welcomed by us all...the snails need a bit of a cull!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: