Wednesday 10 June 2015

Cross patch!

Yesterday was a grumpy day.....it's years since I had one so it took a while to recognise it. I used to have grumpy days....in fact downright bad tempered days when I was a single mum and a teacher....but there were plenty of things to test my temper in those days....

Now life drifts along on a more or less even keel....even given the fact that I've been on a pretty steep learning curve in house maintainence.

Usually after showering etc I check the diary, make sure nothing urgent is waiting for me to forget and settle down to either the gardening or the housework or the sermon......

Yesterday was different. The sun was out and very strong...there was a warning about its strength as well as the pollen count on my weather app.

I got on with the routine stuff...deciding to go and dead head the first crop of battered roses later. Later never came yesterday...every time I ventured forth the sun hit me!

In the past this would have been a great joy...Wonderful, what I moved to Cornwall for. What in fact David and I celebrated when ever it happened!

Over the years I've invested in comfortable garden furniture with lots of bright cushions. They are stored in the summer house so I went to get them out. The wicker chair by the front door never got its cushions out yesterday despite the glorious sun.. I knew I couldn't sit out!

I tried briefly, the sun on my face for a minute or so...in the past this would have been a great pleasure...now it contains threat! I retreated indoors and got bad tempered...

My grumpy day was actually resentment...One of life's greatest pleasures has gone!

After my stitches come out next week I will take some advice on this subject....I may well be over reacting...but in the meanwhile I've stuffed my summer tops to the back of the wardrobe...put tanning lotion on my legs in ill grace and walked around the shaded bits of the garden lopping off any stray deadwood that I can reach...

No sentient life was on the receiving end of my bad mood...

No comments: