Thursday 9 July 2015

Life resuming.

I have been busy this week....there's a lot to do. I watched the budget announced yesterday in between getting everything ready for the weekend wedding....

I am now at the stage of being certain that I've forgotten something important but needing to get on with it anyway...

The week after next I am away....so I am trying to get all my ducks in a row for that whilst at the same time covering various events here....the house is being painted and my car is going on its annual face lift holiday to iron out the scratches caused by the stone walls round here! If it all works it will be a miracle but one I'm trying desperately to arrange....

In the middle of all this planning a new feeling has arrived...

I didn't actually recognise the feeling until yesterday....but in between my attempts at bringing order to chaos...and trying to think of everything in advance there are actual moments of this fleeting emotion...

It's happiness! It falls well short of joy...but it is now a recurring contentment touched with anticipation about the forthcoming holiday! Happiness! Welcome back....it's been a while but it's here...so I'm now praying that I haven't botched any of my arrangements.

Perhaps the human mind needs to be busy, needs to plan and needs to just get on with things..

It's working for me right now... I just hope I haven't forgotten anything... Alleluia!

No comments: