Thursday 16 July 2015

Packing!

Blogging is great fun but of late I have built myself into a pattern...I try to post first thing in the morning so that I can deal with any repercussions during the day...

From tomorrow this pattern will change...I am steering into uncharted territory.

Yesterday I took my car to the local garage which concentrates on body work...this follows a pattern set by David who used to joke every year that his car was going away for its summer holiday face lift! A couple of bad scratches will be ironed out in my absence!

I am going away! Every summer I used to take my long summer holiday here in Conrwall. Since I moved here I've always taken winter holidays. But this year the mould is broken. Just as Cornwall is filling up nicely I am leaving...

Today is packing day. This gives me Friday to unpack again several times because I am determined to travel lightly...When I went away for Christmas last year I stupidly took David's big suitcase as well as mine...mostly because I could! This was a mistake..grappling with two large suitcases was exhausting and I'm not going to do it again! In theory!

Going away on my own is still traumatic...I have yet to feel any joy....just fear that I'll mess it all up on my own! Because of this I check, recheck and then check again...but I have done it once....so I know I can do it again..

Memories of going away in mid summer are surfacing daily. Leaving the garden when it may need watering is always traumatic . I have made my arrangements accordingly.

Having the house painted in my absence may or may not happen...

Getting all the ducks in a row is consuming my waking hours...I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end but the knowledge that there's only me to blame if it all goes pear shaped is making me very nervous. .....Once more into the breach....etc...

No comments: