Wednesday 16 September 2015

Apocalypse ?

Most days when I wake I say a prayer of thanks for the good things whilst reviewing the day ahead...some days are busier than others and some days like today I have people arriving fairly early...

I often then listen to the radio and look also at the news on my iPad. Today I am struck with a feeling of Apocalypse approaching.....

A huge earth quake in Chile threatens many of the Pacific Islands including New Zealand and Hawai if it turns into a tsunami.

Yesterday I posted a photograph showing an arctic bear starving as he stumbled around the melting ice floes..

We in Europe are facing huge numbers of refugees trying to rehome in the face of appalling barbarism in the Middle East.

We have a religion intent on ruling the world by anhiliating all of the others, brutally if necessary.

Global warming seems to now be accepted by most people after years of denial by many...

Is it possible that we are responsible for all this devastation?

Big business carries on looking for more fossil fuel..oil in the arctic, shale gas under us all.....

I don't know whether the damage we have done to our world is reversible but it must surely be time to try.

Green peace have been trying to address these problems for years...but for many they are considered as radical young people who are tilting at windmills...

This mornings prayers include heartfelt gratitude that some people are trying to address our present problems...I pray too that more people are listening and becoming aware of the dangers ahead...

"Bring peace in our time Lord"

 

 

No comments: