Saturday 12 September 2015

Resuming life.

Having had a very busy week I have no services over the weekend which is just as well... I am tired...gadding about every day has left me very happy but weary.

I cooked a good meal for us all last night ending with an apple crumble using the apples from our own trees!

Afterwards I loaded the dishwasher and left it going whilst I went to bed....

I have a lot of clearing up to tackle this morning. This is the first time I've ever done that. Usually I clear the decks completely after entertaining ..but not last night...it's yet another indication of my age.....

One set of friends go home this week but another lot will arrive...so I am hoping for a quiet weekend.

I will admit though to a sense of loss....I have enjoyed being lured out, resuming old habits and past activities but mostly I've enjoyed the talk...

Memories of the first David have been mulled over. Old jokes revived, old attitudes examined...But I am aware that here lies danger....I don't want to grow into the sort of old woman who is always living in the past. There are still lots of good things in the present to enjoy .

I shall just steer clear of small boats for the time being and get my walking muscles back...lacking a dog to drag me out I have become much too sedentary...

For the time being I will tread the quieter paths and walk the easy cliff paths and hopefully build up my strength again... Who knows I may take up an old habit.....I used to sing the Magnificat in the winter as I walked. I'll try not to sing the Nunc Dimitis instead! DV .

 

No comments: