Monday 2 November 2015

Growing old disgracefully!

Today's lunch was perfect...but much too alcoholic . Having now slept for an hour I am beckoned to one of the captains cocktail parties. It's been a very long time since I've consumed so much booze in a day!

So I may not go...the slippery slope is all too evidently looming.

The ship becomes very different on sea days.. Sales are advertised and prove to be mostly rubbish but that doesn't stop people flocking to them!

The talks this morning were excellent , once again people stood leaning against the walls to hear Edwina Curry declaiming on how to grow old disgracefully. I'm afraid I need no advice on this subject...I seem to be able to manage it all on my own!

The weather has improved...flatfish seas and warm air means I have walked the deck whilst passing Algeria..this is almost surreal! The one thing I haven't done is swim! That is unusual...I normally enjoy swimming and sunning in the warm Mediterranean weather but I think I've finally grown out of it...the new swim suit I brought with me has yet to be christened!

We have only a few days left on board now. I have been very fortunate in my dining companions and have always had people to talk to during the day...this is a blessing and I now realise that at home I need to get out more....

I shall try!

No comments: