Thursday 10 December 2015

Christmas rush!

Time is now rushing past at a rate of knots....

Having two days left in this week I am finding by looking at my diary that next week will disappear in a flurry of activity which means that in these two days there's a lot to do!

It's been some time since I found myself in this sort of rush....

I hope that all the cards that need stamps have now been posted... But I am sure to get some shocks along the way...

I do not have to go to all the parties, lunches and meetings of course but this year I recognise that if I claim to be back to normal then I have to follow through with normal activity it's just a question of what normal is in this brave new world I now inhabit!

Getting all my ducks into a credible row means visiting various churches with bundles of cards and visiting my loved ones graves at the same time....this is not as grim as it might sound....it's just a salute to those who have been important in my life and are no longer with me in body....but still occupy tender space in my head....

The weather has been kinder here of late compared to the rest of the country but I am taking nothing for granted....I need to get my perambulations done this week so that I can start my packing next week! I will be afloat for Christmas again...

I'm not sure how long this habit will persist but spending Christmas on a big boat looks the best idea for the time being....but before I embark there are many claims on my time ...I will enjoy most of them. Thank you God!

 

 

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

I hope that all goes well for you in the next few days and that you're able to prepare well for the trip over Christmas - and you're quite right to be looking after yourself - because this time of year has been quite difficult for you of late. Praying for a safe trip and quiet, restful and spirit rejuvenating time for you :)