Wednesday 31 August 2016

Deeply moaning....

We are on the last leg home. I hate to admit this as it feels like a failure but really I am glad to be going home tomorrow.
It hasn't helped that I've been ill.....plus...
Shadows of lost love lie everywhere waiting for the unwary!
I have made some friends but because I've spent so much time coughing on my own in my cabin I haven't really had time to really get to know people properly...
I still have a couple of inches of scotch in the bottle bought when I first succumbed to this dreadful cold, so it's not all bad news....
I can't see anyway I am ever going to want to travel the world on QM2 again.
They have done a magnificent job with the remastering, all the carpets and fittings are looking wonderful but somehow the organisation keeps coming adrift despite their best efforts...
There too many quietly disgruntled people around...things have not gone quite as they had expected...
The shows have been good, the restaurant arrangements excellent but still a nagging doubt survives...
Yesterday for instance we were all ordered to attend the safety at sea lecture where we are taught to put on our life jackets...
This is the third one I have been ordered to attend....in two weeks this is a bit much...
"This is a requirement of maritime law" bellows out over the airwaves...
Three times in two weeks? It's because of the way the whole cruise has been organised....it's not one cruise, it's several and for those who have come from New York and are going back to it , it has become a harassment too far!
Yesterday I just stayed on my bed and snarled at all the instructions.
So....it has not been a happy trip which is not Cunards fault but some of it is!
Today is packing day...
My case got lost on arrival here so I am hoping not to have a repeat performance.
It's not often I blog so miserably...normal service should be resumed when I get back to Cornwall! DV!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: