Friday 2 September 2016

Taxing business!

Oh dear.
Those are not the words I am actually using but they address the same sentiment.....roughly!
I finally yesterday morning got round to opening the mail waiting after two weeks away!
In it was a letter from the Inland Revenue!
It told me that I had underpaid my dues. When I read what I owed them I gulped!
Everyone I know is aware that I have never dodged my taxes, indeed have preached on the necessity for it! I have never tried to fill out a form either or indeed employed someone else to do it for me.....I really don't want to dodge my taxes!
The sum took my breath away.......Crumbs!
My first thought was that it must be a mistake....their mistake as I had never filled a form in!
I rang them up. They were very good.... The explanation made sense...I should have seen it...but I hadn't! It was all to do with my various pensions....
What to do next?
It was too large a sum to want to lose it from my recently raided account...so I will pay it by direct debit every month...for three years!
"With any luck I'll die before then" I said....
So here I am, back on dry land. Much poorer than I was and still coughing!
When did life get so unfair?


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Rat Bites said...

"These are the times that try men's souls", as a more famous employee of the Excise once said.
You have a lot of people praying for you and He is still where he always was x

Revjeanrolt said...

Thank you so much for that.....I've stopped feeling sorry for myself now!