Monday 10 October 2016

Political problems!

I fully intended to stay up last night to watch the Trump. Clifton debate. I put on my warm dressing gown and poured a small scotch.... I was ready!
And then I fell asleep!
Waking this morning I listened to all the reports !
Trump came out fighting clearly but once again I am struck by just how awful the choice facing the USA is! The radio by the bed has never worked so hard!
We then moved to question what we do next about the Brexit vote!
Small splinter groups are forming ....
Some very unlikely alliances are revealed...in both Conservative and Labour camps!
If the leader of the Labour Party thought he was home safe after the massive vote in of confidence he must now be thinking again...
Some very able Labour MPs are getting together in small groups after he sacked the very popular chief whip!
I would like to think there must be something in the air...but the feeling of apprehension grows daily...
Where we will all end up is still a mystery. But I'd rather not feel,as though I'm living through some sort of political global upheaval.
It all makes compulsive viewing and listening...but I'm not sure it's good for democracy.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

The Trump thing is a disaster waiting to happen.

The Brexit thing is sadly, going to cost loadsa money to the tax payer fighting of the various claims - isn't it time that the politicians got their heads around a decision that they might not like, and work in unity for the best exit deal we can get - or, we're going to be trapped into years of expensive negotiations, while the pound plunges even more and our businesses go to the wall or move abroad.