Friday 25 November 2016

Black days!

When I woke up this morning it was to fifteen emails all exhorting me to take advantage of Black Friday!
The delete button was used for them all!
This day has only become black in the last couple years and it is another example of something travelling across the Atlantic with rapid speed....
I would rather celebrate Thanksgiving!
The way we pick up American culture is astonishing. It is I suppose the joy of instant communications....
I am watching the aftermath of the presidential election with a mixture of horror and apprehension.
For the first time I'm glad our ceremonial head of state is not elected...but born to it...
I viewed the photograph yesterday of Trump and Farrage laughing in front of a gold door...
I recognised the place.....it was in Trump Tower in all its orange and gold glory!
Who knows what the next months will bring?
But it seems to me that after fighting to keep fascism at bay during the last century we are now in the grip of a great escalation of it...
That this has come about during this period of war and great movement of people only makes it worse....
So I do what I do best.....I pray ......whilst burying my head in the sand and hope for the best, what ever that may be!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: