Thursday 3 November 2016

Dates to remember!

There are just too many important dates to remember now. Up to quite recently I had no problem remembering them....wedding anniversaries, dates of death, dates of important occasions. ...
I am helped in this by the Timehop app....in the last couple of weeks I have had the joy of revisiting the cruise where Michael and I met a year ago!
The fact that some of the people we met then are cruising on the same ship right now is very poignant.
But there are just too many dates to remember....
I couldn't remember the exact date of my wedding anniversary this morning....I knew it was coming but when I first woke up I went downstairs to check...
On looking at the wedding certificate lay another trap for the unwary!
My much treasured friend Julia married us and there was her writing on the sheet and the fact that both she and David were now dead just brought the tears again!
It is inevitable I suppose. And I could just not look to see what I was doing and what I was blogging on this day years ago...but on the whole these memories are precious...
I am fortunate in so many ways...and my memories are often bitter sweet but I'd rather recall those golden times than forget them....
Leave me my memories please Lord.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: