Tuesday 15 November 2016

Small cyber world!

My on line life gets weirder!
Yesterday I got an email offering me better terms on Medicare...this was interesting ...those of us who have lived with the NHS all our lives tend to take for granted that we don't pay for our treatment...let alone our medicine.
In the past I've had emails offering me apprenticeships.....all from America...I particularly enjoyed the one that suggested plumbing as a good career choice..
I spend time every day removing my address from mailing lists...if you buy something on line the sales mails go on for years...often though the cancellation seems to fail. I have been trying to get out of Linked in for years. But the mails just keep coming....
It's not really a problem...pressing the delete button solves the problem...
Why I'm obviously on lists as an American citizen is a puzzle though...
Especially now we are facing a very uncertain future.
Last night I was invited to join a demo organised by Greenpeace...
There on the crowded streets were young people demonstrating against burning fossil fuel particularly the planned arrival of a new pipeline to North Dakota!
Having joined the demo in cyber space I was then invited to contribute by sending a message...
So I sent them all my love from Cornwall...this morning I found the message on Facebook!
Life just gets weirder....but I am still enjoying it....and glad that I don't need Medicare....

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: