Saturday 25 February 2017

Thoughts on cruising.....

Brochures have been arriving this week. Once you've done one cruise hopeful cruise lines join in with alacrity.
Mostly I chuck all the new catalogues away after they've thudded onto my doorstep.
One different sort of cruise caught my attention this week...
I've never done river cruising.
I have looked through and what is available looks wonderful.
Drifting along the Seine, stopping to taste the wine, being very close to city centres and huge cathedrals....the brochures are very attractive and I have been tempted!
At home in February almost anything would be a temptation but I've not thought before about cruising a river!
I went through, marking some pages as possible, choosing not to fly if possible.
Another criteria is the length of the cruise...it's hardly worth the effort involved for a few days...
I have marked a couple up and then realised that they would involve a very long drive to get to Folkestone!
The fact that the firm offers to pick me up to get me there helps a bit....but not much...
I chose to live here in beautiful Cornwall but it is a long way from anywhere else...
I am told though that Brittany ferries run a good ship ....the cruise people might think about this one...
Meanwhile it's back to the catalogues....outside is windy and wet...a bit of escapism is very attractive right now!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: