Saturday 19 August 2017

How to get tipsy in the afternoon.

Hum. Hum. Well David has been gone for over three years now and mostly I've left everything just where he'd left them. I have this week started to move a few things around however.
Someone gave me a bottle of sherry...I don't drink it much but I thought it would be nice to decant it...and we have a lot decanters. David spent time and trouble on his decanters...and so far they have stayed untouched.
One of them had only a small amount in so I emptied it out and then tasted it thinking it was Scotch. It wasn't.
Well...I looked at the others then. They all had something in them so having once started I carried on...just to see what he'd saved so well.
Well.....they were all strong.
Some I failed to identify. Some were Scotch , some were not. The colourless ones defeated me absolutely. But they were strong.
I've now poured a couple of them out and replaced them with the sherry and a good single malt...the rest remain mysteries...
I felt very cheerful whilst I was doing my tidying up...it wasn't a job that was demanding...
I'm not really drunk....hic! I hope no one knocks on my door for a while though...
But I do at least know what's roughly in the glasses. None of them is gin even though they are colourless.
None of the original bottles are around..there is no way of identifying them. I need someone with a good pallet. .....
Having written that I then realised that I've got several hip flasks all fullish too.
I am waiting for another rainy day before exploring their contents!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

UKViewer said...

Hic, Burp. The plain ones are probably various strains of Vodka and other of their kind. You could probably run your car on some of them, if they've been there for a while, brewing so to speak.

Alternatively, they could all be a strong, white vinegar...... good for fish and chips, lots of them :)

Ray Barnes said...

This sounds like a very risky undertaking Jean. If you need paint-stripper it might be worth bottling the lot and using it for that, or, saving it till November and using to light the village bonfire. Just imagine what it may be doing to your liver. No don't.
Just wash out the decanters like a good girl and have a nice cup of coffee.

Revjeanrolt said...

Never actually aspired to being a good girl....but you are right...it's all gone now down the sink mostly... still got to tackle the flasks though....ahem...