Wednesday 23 August 2017

Parking in August.

I have to pop into St Mawes this morning. That statement is commonplace. It is something I do regularly...
It just gets complicated in August. We are full and fairly parked up.
Some families arrive in two cars and leave one permanently parked for a week or so whilst using the other one.
I've been putting this trip off.
But I need to pick up my prescription and I also need to get some cash from the bank. In this unsophisticated place quite a lot of people have no bank accounts....using cash is a necessity.
This morning I will also get some Euros....
Next month I am travelling again and as always trying to look ahead so that a last minute dash will not be needed in the last week.
This Brexit thing has complicated all sorts of arrangements but I still have my European health card and now have no idea whether it would work for me in the case of illness in far flung places...I have checked my travel insurance....just in case!
Trying to get all my ducks in a row is usually fairly easy...but the last cruise with Fred Olsen has left some residual doubts and anxieties in my mind...so I'm trying to cover every eventuality before setting off.
Fortunately I am now moving fairly easily again...the bad back is very much better. I should be able to negotiate the crowds of holiday makers out there...once I've found a parking place.
Fingers and everything else crossed!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: