Tuesday 22 August 2017

Recovering!

Yesterday took me on another learning curve... it's the first time I've had a bad back since I have lived on my own!
I didn't go out. I stayed home to nurse myself with hot water bottles and paracetamol.
By evening I was feeling very much better and I have slept very well. This is not a bulletin...don't worry...it's more an assessment of coping alone....
I used the chair lift, installed for my husband but until yesterday only used by me for getting heavy things up and down the stairs.
Yesterday it took me up and down with ease...it is presently sitting on the landing waiting for me to go down stairs!
In the spare room I put an electric kettle some time ago...to make the odd cup of tea on days when I didn't need to go down to the kitchen. It provided the hot water for the bottle yesterday without my needing to go down.
This old farmhouse has many eccentric features..but the views are wonderful.
From the back I can see the Gerrans church steeple which is the landmark for shipping on the south coast. From the front Falmouth is visible with all its traffic coming and going. The sea surrounds this bit of the peninsula on both sides.
Maybe that's why I never feel alone...not even on bad days like the one I've just had!
Growing old gracefully is I think something we all might aspire to....if we live that long..
We will see what today brings..it can only get better!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

Bad backs are a real pain (forgive the pun) I have three permanently prolapsed lower lumbar discs, and got for regular treatment by an Osteopath - without this, I would have severely reduced mobility and flexibility. If the back starts to hurt,I get on the phone for an emergency appointment. It is private treatment,but infinitely better than physio, which is available, but in the main gives you heavy exercises, which makes things worse. Manipulation works much better.