Wednesday 13 September 2017

Fellow travellers.

The best thing about travelling on board this big ship is the variety of people.
All shapes, sizes and colours are represented. Mostly we are British and I have met several Lancastrians as we go.
What is wonderful is the fact that where ever I sit there is almost always someone to talk to.
This is for me the best part of cruising.
Yesterday for instance I had breakfast with two Americans who turned out to be just as anxious about Trump as I am.
I had lunch with two of my oldest friends from North Wales....we are planning another lunch before the end of the cruise.
The people on my table are all ready to chat, dance, swim and put the world to rights...
I have been to the late night show with one lady several times and her sheer joie de vivre is amazing. The days at sea are never dull. Lots of lectures and films are laid on.
You can learn how to play bridge in the card room...help to complete gigantic jigsaws, take books from a very well,stocked library.
Boredom is not an option.
I am enjoying the days at sea..though so far we haven't seen much wild life...but sometimes the dolphins travel with us along with the flying fish.
Every day brings a new world experience...every chance meeting a new potential friend or an old acquaintanceship renewed.
I have woken up late this morning but it makes no difference...the world is out there , waiting... viva la difference!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

Glad you are now enjoying yourself,after shaky start.

It sounds lovely and the ability to socialize is good news,particularly as you are alone (literally) but surrounded by old and new friends.