Saturday 16 September 2017

Split?

We are mooring up in Split. It's a much bigger place than I imagined....
I have no tour booked and feel no inclination to go out.....as yet.
I am tired now, too old for the non stop activity I used to relish. A day in seems my best option though that could change.
Lots of young people come here I'm told for the beaches and water sports.
Here on the ship I may look out my swimming things and get wet later!
Both pools are very inviting . The sun is not out. Perfect!
I am meeting some lovely people...one or two old friends as well....
My biggest challenge is coming up....I have nothing booked for Venice.
Everyone tells me I will need a tender ticket but then someone else denies it.
I am waiting to see.
I am totally relaxed now and really rather fatalistic. What will be will be. I'm not charging about, I'm not desperate to do everything possible...just what appeals to me at the time...and today that's not much.
This doesn't mean I'm not enjoying this experience. I am. But I have remembered that today is Sunday....a day for prayer as well as dashing about....so be it Lord.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

Revjeanrolt said...

Once I was up and running several small things have claimed my attention, not least the way people treat the staff on board.
I have just watched a man ordering the young waiters about. He addressed them all in a loud demanding tone and felt perfectly at home in doing it. His voice and facial expression showed disdain as he told them what to do. And how to do it....the poor man clearing the table was jumped upon for leaving a plate in place. I remember someone who said once, "we pay Cunard a huge amount of money for this trip, we need to make the most of it!'" Mmmmm.

Bob Collis said...

Sounds like a typical Eton educated Tory.

Rat Bites said...

A person of real breeding - never mind a Christian - wouldn't demean himself to abuse the servants. I hope he learns better before it's too late.