Saturday 23 September 2017

Weird stuff.

Yesterday was the oddest of days....as we approach journeys end we see odd things but none more odd than yesterday's event.
Several pictures from old ships were on sale, all rather too large but interesting enough whilst drinking orange juice from a champagne glass!
I stopped dead at one of them.
It was my house. My Cornish Farmhouse....a large white block sitting on fields approaching the sea. My house!
I looked at it....it was definitely my house....without the other barns and out buildings I live with.....
I was gob smacked.....how had this happened?
A man appeared and told me it had been hanging on the wall of one of the now defunct cruise ships.
It was 75 dollars....I could have bought it but how on earth would I get it home? It was about four feet long....
And where would I put it? I have a house full of pictures....one like this would have been a problem...and yet it was my house!
So I took its picture.
I just couldn't even attempt to get it back to Cornwall....but I'm very glad to have seen it and I have got it's picture safe on my phone....a weird story but true..... to end this journey with.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: