Wednesday 25 October 2017

World angst.

I am sleeping later now it is so dark in the mornings. Listening to the news as I surface slowly one main topic sits centre stage in my consciousness.
I am thoroughly sick of Brexit!
Getting ourselves out of Europe is not going well and ripples of discontent are heard every day. The man who yesterday tried to get the various universities to tell him what they are teaching their students on this subject has made many well respected politicians complain bitterly.
Attempting to influence young minds by the government has overtones of "big brother" for many of us.
I enjoyed the contributions by Michael Hesletine and Chris Patten , the Conservative old guard who had my respect even though I did not share their political views.
This government has been in power for too long , I think.
The same cannot be said of America. But this week has seen ancient ex presidents come together to criticise Trump in a way that is astonishing.
Senators have criticised openly his reckless and undignified behaviour.
So many of them contain complaints about his inability to stick to the truth that I can't help wondering if their heads are safe.
Anytime now I am expecting the modern equivalent of "Off with his head" to come zinging over the pond.
It's not boring but we seem to be approaching a reckless discontent that could lead to several unpleasant solutions.
I fear for this country. I fear for America. But whilst all this is playing out North Korea is playing with bombs.....
China and Russia sitting on the sidelines most be chuckling....they don't need to issue threats.
We are doing it to ourselves...



Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

Looking at the USA with Trump in Charge is a mirror of looking at North Korea with their manic leader in charge. Peas in a pod.