Sunday 19 November 2017

Beautiful girl.

A quick swipe through the news on my iPad this morning whilst I was still in bed brought some bad memories to the fore....I spent some time reading the rest of the news , Trump's silence on the subject of sex pests speaks volumes, the Zimbabwe news of crowds on the streets, snow forecasts for Britain , they all paled into insignificance at the sight of the lovely blonde girl called Gaia.
She looks so much like my daughter Rosalind that it hurt.
Trying to push the unwelcome memories to the back of my mind didn't work too well, there she was on every news channel, now presumed dead.
Rosalind died about ten years ago.
She rang me up one night to say she had the worst case of flu she'd ever had.
Two days later I got a call from a hospital telling me she had died.
It took several weeks before a postmortem confirmed that she'd died of meningitis.
I think about her very often, something , music usually catches her essence, and memories flood back.
She was beautiful and talented and the picture of another girl has jolted me into memories I'd rather not have right now.
I hope the parents of Gaia find strength to get them through the next weeks and years.
Dealing with a death from natural causes is hard but not the agony of knowing that another human being caused her death. That must be appalling.
I pray for them as the law takes its course...to lose a child is bad enough but to lose one through violence must be even more terrible.
Lord hear my prayer.




Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Babs said...

I rem beryl you telling me about your beautiful talented daughter. Didn't she live in Hungerford?.
Courage Jean. I can think of nothing worse than losing a child. And to lose two Is a living nightmare
Bless you Jean xx

UKViewer said...

Sorry that your sadness has been brought back by the death of another young girl. The whole business is horrid and hard too bear, and to be reminded of your own personal loss is even harder.

Sometimes when I see my grand daughter, who is the spitting image of my Sister who died earlier this year, I too have that experience, although, not as sharp as yours.

My sister was married for over 40 years, but her final years were marked by advanced, vascular dementia, which killed her. She didn't know anyone, including her husband and children, but still hankered after our Mother, who she couldn't remember at all, as we lost her when she was still a baby. Sad indeed.