Tuesday 21 November 2017

Old age annoyances!

I am becoming a crusty old woman...I hate all the Black Friday ads coming over the airwaves...I shall not be joining in...it's yet another American custom that has crossed the pond...
I dislike all the emoticons that accompany various communications. I occasionally use one but mostly I don't! I just growl as they come in! Words are my preferred way of communication.
There are lots of other small things that I don't need to name.
Anonymous attempts at using my blog for advertising other things make me growl...
Life on the whole is good....I am very fortunate indeed to be able to do all the things that make me happy...but sometimes the little annoyances get me down.
Irritations are however fairly easy to deal with...I just shrug and move on...
"Life is too short" has been one of my responses to being asked to go to meetings I really don't want to participate in.
Because I am an old woman I get away with it....mostly.
Living in an idiosyncratic house has its problems....I am often asked why I just don't sell my ancient old Farmhouse and move into a nice little flat!
Ha! Perhaps when I'm really old I might consider it but for now I love my home and garden fiercely. Walking around the orchard which was cow pasture before I bought it gives me huge pleasure every day.
When life here becomes difficult I will rethink the situation...but us crusty old women are difficult to dislodge....
Thank you God!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Babs said...

I think I am getting old Jean. I can't think of anything I want this Black Friday, except maybe a big win on the Premium Bonds xx

UKViewer said...

Crusties is a slang term for Old People, so does this post recognize that as being true?

I don't see you as Crusty, just annoyed at things that get in the way of your enjoying stuff.

Perhaps a better description would be a mature Women of opinion?